What is bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a legal proceeding for individuals who cannot repay their debts. Bankruptcy can offer individuals a fresh start and stop creditors from taking any legal action against you while you are active in your bankruptcy case. Bankruptcy may not be the right choice. Consult Barbara May to find out what your options are.
Bankruptcy Filings 2016
2015 Bankruptcy Filings
2016 Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filings
2015 Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filings
What can bankruptcy do for me?
- Give you a fresh start by the elimination of all or some of the debts you owe.
- Stop Foreclosure and allow you to catch up on your past payments. Bankruptcy will not immediately eliminate your mortgage or any liens that are currently associated with your property.
- Stop debt collection harassment and wage garnishment.
- Prevent utility companies from shutting off service and could restore previously discontinued service
- Prevent repossession of your vehicle.
- Eliminate certain kinds of liens.
- Eliminate child support or alimony obligations.
- Wipe out student loan debt.
- Eliminate most tax debt.
- Eliminate other non-dischargeable debt such as debts you forgot to include in the filing, fines imposed by the law, and debts for personal injury caused by an intoxicated driver.
- Prevent a secured creditor from possessing property
What is the difference between chapter 7 and chapter 13?
Chapter 7 is a full discharge of all of your unsecured debts. Chapter 13 is the reorganization of your debt and payments are made through the trustee. Creditors are not allowed to contact you in either case.
Which one is right for me?
Good question! The answer is we are not sure until we sit down and evaluate your unique situation. Your consultation is absolutely FREE! Schedule an appointment with Barbara May today!
Testimonials Like These
My business failed and my bills piled up faster than I could pay them. I was days from losing my house and my car when I found Barbara May. I hired Barbara and she did not waste a minute in turning my life around. She got rid of all of my debt. I kept my house and my car, and she even helped me reduce my payments on my car. She fixed my credit score. I am ready to get back in business now. I can’t thank her enough. ~ T. Lunde